Monday 15 September 2014

On to the Tarn

After leaving the Dordoigne, we headed towards our favourite area of France, the Tarn. 

Our first stop was a town well known to us, Martel.




This church has an amazing interior which was of course a pattern lover's dream.




We had an amazing couple of very hot days here on a wonderful municipal campsite which cost an incredible 8.44 euros a night including electric hookup.


I even had this beautiful house to practice my sketching skills on, what a bonus.


Next morning we went to another market and of course I just had to buy some homemade soap.

We decided to have a quiet night on our own on a perfect picnic area, and woke up to this as our breakfast view. 


On the banks of the Tarn.

After an amazingly quiet night we headed off for our destination, a large Aire high up in the Tarn Valley. But first we had to visit a chateau.



The bells!!!


There's that man again!! In my shot.



More pattern


And of course tart :-) 

Thanks to everyone who's following our trip.

3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Just lovely, Sharon! :)

Heather said...

I'm really enjoying my virtual trip through France. Thankyou for sharing your lovely photos with us.

Julie said...

I've just had a lovely time catching up with your wonderful trip through France. You've seen some very impressive sights.